A new virus known as Novel Coronavirus is raising havoc everywhere. This virus has been identified as the primary cause of infections in the human respiratory system and is spreading steadily in China and other countries currently. Novel Coronavirus belongs to the coronavirus family that causes various types of respiratory illnesses such as –SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), and the common cold.
Why is Coronavirus so dangerous?
The virus is transmitted from person-to-person through cough and sneeze. Therefore, to protect yourself from being affected by the Coronavirus, you are advised to wear face masks. It is highly suggested to use an N95 face mask as other disposable face masks are not as effective and are only good for 3-4 hours. Face masks are not 100% reliable when it comes to 100% protection from Novel Coronavirus but it surely inhibits the spread of the respiratory diseases. Also, face masks can only protect you when you are moving out of your house. So, what about the times you spend indoors?
Well, to remain safe from Novel Coronavirus, even when you are at your home, you must adopt a few methods to keep your indoor air clean and healthy. Although Coronavirus mortality rate is mostly associated with those with a compromised immune system, it is still highly dangerous. Make sure you don’t panic and opt for specific prevention methods to keep the virus at bay.
Are you aware that harmful viruses and other pathogens accumulate in your HVAC/AC ducts and deteriorates the quality of indoor air?
To reduce the level of air pollutants and especially the disease-causing viruses and bacteria, you must keep your HVAC/AC ducts clean. At Tanziff, we have a team of NADCA certified professionals who can help you improve the indoor air quality of your home by disinfecting your HVAC system.
Apart from keeping the air quality clean inside your home, here are some steps you can take to prevent being infected from the Novel Coronavirus.
- Wash your hands with water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds post eating, using the bathroom, coming back from outside, after shaking hands with someone, coughing, blowing the nose, and sneezing.
- If you do not have access to soap & water, make sure you carry around a hand-sanitizer that is alcohol-based. The sanitizer should have a minimum of 60 percent alcohol content. Make sure you wash your hands even though they do not seem dirty.
- Avoid touching your open orifices such as eyes, mouth, or nose without washing your hands.
- Try to avoid being in close proximity with people that seem to be showing the symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Clean & disinfect the objects that are touched on a frequent basis such as doorknobs, kitchen items, and so on.
- Eat balanced meals and avoid meat or non-vegetarian food items until the issue subsides.
- Exercise to make sure your immunity is at its best.
Most of all, do not panic, as scientists and the medical community are working at all its strength to come up with a feasible vaccine or medicine for the Coronavirus. Make sure you take the right protection measures against this virus. Just like SARS and MERS, we will surely fight against this deadly virus. Till then, let us pray for the safety of our friends in China! May God help them in this critical situation!