Take a look at your HVAC/AC duct. Does it look dirty? Does it look clean? Even if it doesn’t, there is still a possibility that it is not as healthy as it may look, in case it hasn’t been deep cleaned properly with the onset of summer.
When it comes to maintaining good indoor air quality, it can be a tricky business. One must make sure that not only is the HVAC cleaned on a regular basis, but also ensure that every inch of the AC duct is disinfected and sanitised. If these important conditions are not taken care of, it can end up contaminating your indoor air, and the worst part? You wouldn’t even get to know about it, until it’s too late.
Does HVAC only ensure good indoor air quality?
No. The list of benefits is longer:
- It helps you in saving electricity, thus reducing your electricity bill.
- It reduces carbon footprint.
- It increases the life cycle of your HVAC unit.
- By improving your indoor air quality, it also ensures that you are healthier, and more active in performing your day-to-day tasks.
Human presence in the home releases a significant amount of air pollutants including dust, dander, and other harmful chemicals. HVAC not only pulls these allergens into its system but also recirculates the same air about 5-7 times in a single day.
AC ducts, when clogged with impure elements, can contaminate your indoor air, causing health issues like respiratory diseases, allergies, and autoimmune diseases.
Can you clean HVAC ducts yourself?
With regular equipment at your home like cleaning brushes, vacuum cleaners, and dusting cloths you can certainly clean the air ducts of your HVACs. But if you think that it is enough, hold that thought right there!
Cleaning your HVACs and the filters can certainly make it appear neat and clean, but it is not necessarily disinfected and healthy yet. The disinfection process usually requires specialised solutions and equipment to reach the deepest corners of your ducts.
What is the solution?
- The only solution is to get your HVAC ducts periodically cleaned, and from the inside out. To ensure this you can use professional cleaning services like that of Tanziif to be absolutely tension free with your air quality. Tanziif uses American made Rotobrush to thoroughly clean out your HVAC. Cleaning of HVAC system is done (in accordance with ACR 2013 NADCA Standards) comprising of air-handling unit, filters, coil, supply and return connected ducting, dampers, and diffusers, using HEPA-filtered collection equipment, air & power-driven agitation equipment, using chemicals that are Child & pet friendly. 100% eco-friendly with Dubai Municipality food grade approval.
Our NADCA certified technicians are well trained, and also follow up with you after the service has taken place. We provide you a free inspection and perform every task with a 30-pointer checklist so that there are no misses on our part when it comes to ensuring the best of health for you and your family. A detailed after service report is provided to show you the results of the cleaning.